Climate change is affecting all jurisdictions in Canada. Federal, provincial and territorial ministers recognise that addressing climate change is a shared responsibility and are working collaboratively and within their jurisdictions to take action.
In December 2016 First Ministers released the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change (PCF). CCME's Climate Change Committee works on priorities identified by ministers to effectively address climate change including collaborative actions to implement the PCF. Current work includes:
- improving greenhouse gas emissions projections and inventories
- developing a framework for emissions offsets systems
- sharing information on the potential use of emissions reductions that are transferred internationally
- developing common metrics and indicators
- reporting on implementation of the PCF actions under CCME’s mandate
- contributing to the overall reporting on PCF implementation for First Ministers.