Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines
Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines (CEQGs) provide science-based goals for the quality of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Users will find:
- chemical-specific guideline fact sheets that summarize the key scientific information and rationale for each substance
- detailed tables that summarize recommended guidelines for the different media and resource uses and the protocols used in developing the guidelines, along with their associated implementation guidance
- an interactive Summary Table that provides the ability to search CEQGs by chemical or chapter. The summary table also links to CEQG factsheets for ease of verifying specific information and obtaining implementation guidance pertaining to each environmental quality guideline
- spreadsheet calculators for the Water Quality Index, Soil Quality Index and Sediment Quality Index
- scientific criteria documents.
CCME guidelines are voluntary. Readers are advised to consult with the federal, provincial or territorial authority having jurisdiction to see whether a CCME guideline applies to their area of interest.
Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines (CEQG Online)
Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines (CEQG) Summary Table
Scientific Criteria Documents